Something fishy here...




When Ron Havens sent me a small wooden toy hand puppet, asking if I could rig it so it worked like "Jose Jalapeno", in new he wanted some sort of trigger control in the back of the headstick. But the stick was too short so I added an extension. Then a string was attached to the top rear of the head (which was already hinged), threaded through a hole I drilled in the lower half of the head and tied to a "U" shaped control lever I made. It worked well - just noisy when the mouth was closed since the halves of the head were wood. So I gave the talking-swimmer a felt tongue (I know fish do not have tongues, but it's a puppet!), and problem solved. Ron plans to use it in a classroom setting, and for that purpose, I believe it will work very well. Just another pocket puppet variation